Friday, June 18, 2010

Let's talk about FOOD...

A couple of nights ago I took my lady friend to a Mexican Restaurant...Why? Because she likes Mexican food...I have other friends who like it as well...I have not been in the same camp...It wasn't that I didn't like it...I just never knew what to order off the menu...I don't speak Spanish...I barely speak American...So when I look at a menu that offers me Enchiladas...Quesadillas...Chimichanga...Tortillas...Fiattas...Papadzules...I begin to sweat...I just don't know what these names mean...Okay...so I know a couple...But I really would prefer a menu that says Chicken in Peanut Sauce (we call it Pollo Encachuatdo)...or... Tender pork topped with Onions (we call it Poc-Chuc)

OK...laugh at me...A month ago...A group I belong to called "The Sociable Singles" went to this very restaurant I am speaking of...Everyone (there was about 9 of us...) seemed to know what to order...One member sitting across from me ordered the Taco Salad...That didn't sound all that filling until she said you can eat the bowl it is served in...What...Eat the bowl too?...I never heard of such a thing...Well I ordered it also and with chicken...She ordered it with beef...And do you know what?...I ate the whoooooooole thing...

So what did I order this time...That's right...but with beef this time...Yum Yum...

No comments: