Tuesday, December 14, 2010

SCETV Retiree's Luncheon

Every three months we meet for lunch at beautiful Banquet & Conference Center....I call our group..."the Oldtimers Luncheon"...because most of us are old...We all have all spent some of our lives working for a wonderful educational facility called ETV... It began in the late 50's in a Columbia high school and was headed up by it's principal, R. Lynn Kalmbach...It's first art director was Jerry Tiemann (we call him Tee- Bobber)...

From that high school, it moved to an old vacant Winn Dixie Store...where it grew and grew and grew...Jerry hired me around 1962...We have been friends ever since...Here is a group shot taken of us last Thursday...I would like to name them all but I can't...but I will name the guy who's sitting down...That's Jerry!

2 comments:

Tommy said...

Ron, what's SCETV stand for? And who's that guy standing in the back row, 3rd from the left, with the hat on :-). A rather stately looking gentleman...

Uncle Ron said...

The South Carolina Educational Television Network...

http://scetv.org/...

It has grown considerabley in the last 50 years...(1958-2010)

(That's some guy who looks like me...)