Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas dinner...

I just put a 6 lb. precooked ham in my 5 qt. (or is it 7 qt.) crock pot and lined the bottom of it with cabbage wedges...I am going to let it cook on low for 8-10 hours...Too long you say? Well I'll check it periodically to make sure I don't over cook it...Any suggestions are welcome...I'm going to do the turkey tomorrow morning and have it ready by noon...We eat at noon... I might made an apple walnut cake today as well...Sounds Yummy...

I went to a funeral yesterday for my good friend, Jerry's brother Jim...Jim had not been well for some time...They lived together...Funerals make people sad but I'm kind of the opposite...I believe Death is our beginning not our end...They do it right in New Orleans with the parade of mourners marching down the street, trumpets blaring and drums pounding and dancing in the street...I like that...

No comments: